Sunday, April 22, 2012

Initial musings

Well this is the first entry in my blog describing the process of trying to pregnant (I guess technically the second entry since I accidentally deleted the first one). I'm sure there are a million other blogs out there from people who are going through similar situations, but I feel like I want to tell my story. I hope it might help someone, though even if it doesn't it makes me feel a little better. I also threatened my hordes of friends and family that I would start a twitter account just to keep them updated after every doctor's appointment and blood test.

(On a side note, I feel very Doogie Howser-ish right now. Between the internal monologue going through my head, the clicking of the keys, and watching the words appear on the screen it is all very 80s sitcom)

I should probably start by describing what is going to be in this blog. This blog is all about the experiences we are going through trying to get pregnant. I'm going to be talking about my period, ovulation, and many of the private details about my body and the *ahem* activities needed to conceive. In other words, now is your chance to get out!  For the most part, this will be a place for my personal thoughts and ramblings and possibly a place for people to share their feelings/experiences.  However, I also hope to provide resources and information that I've found interesting/helpful.

To introduce myself, my name is Katie and I am 30 years old. I am originally from Michigan. I moved here in the summer of 2006 and have taught 5th grade for 6 years. I met my husband in April of 2007 and we married in May of 2009. We started trying to conceive in July of 2010 when I stopped taking birth control pills.  Currently we are at the very beginning of the infertility spectrum.  I'm not sure how far we'll need to go, but I'll describe it as we move through each step.






No comments:

Post a Comment